Thursday, July 05, 2007

Weekly Announcement...


Not a week seems to go by on BlogsByStephen where I'm not announcing some amazing news about my incredibly interesting life......and this week is no different. For you see friends, over the last few months I've been putting my body through an intense physical regime in order to complete in this year's Tour de France.


For years I've watched in amazement as these warriors on the road do battle over several thousand kilometers. I've sat transfixed as they steam up the mountains and whizz down the other side. Been awe struck at the technical ability involved in the final sprints. And been left literally speechless by the technology and pure physicality of the time trial. I know your probably saying "Cubaboy, you've proven yourself in pretty much every field of endeavour that man has too offer, why would you involve yourself in such a demanding undertaking?". The answer is simple my friends, by proving myself to be near to superhuman the likes of you can take inspiration from me.
Over the next month or so I will regularly update you with my progress in the event, including any stage wins I may have and hopefully come July 29 the maillot jeune on the Champs.
I've warmed up for this years Tour by taking part in a local criterium, Mallow-Kilavullen-Mallow, which I naturally won at a canter. I expect the tour to be slightly more demanding and will be counting on your messages of support. I've included a couple of pictures of me in action below.





Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second photo is horrible.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Major General Creedon said...

Agreed. The photographer should have take the photo of Cubaboy before he made that last corner because now the light is on the right - Cubaboy's "good side" is his left.

I will have the photographer tracked down and shot.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home