Monday, January 30, 2006

Crash or Trash





I seen this film over Christmas called Crash and it's been eating away at me ever since. Everything I've heard about it seemed positive so I decided yet again to give some of my hard earned money to those Hollywood shitbags. The film is basically about a bunch of seemingly unconnected people who, in a contrived fashion are made to be connected. Now the film is supposed to be about racism in THE most racist country in the world, America, but actually none of the people in the film are racist.......they're just very, very nasty people......every single person is dispicable and had no reedeming features. Even the ones who seem good are not.

What is this film trying to say to us, that we're all racist??? Well that's a rather glib argument, a bit like saying every man is a potiential rapist because he has a dick, then every woman is a potiental whore becuase she has the ecoutrement to be one. This is a nonsense arguement and only serves to make even semi intelligent people resent the implication and lends nothing to the debate.

I think the actors who got paid for this one were subscribing to the theorey of Kate Winslet in Ricky Gervais's vehicle Extras, when she opined that to be in a film about Jews/Concentration Camps was a sure fire hit come Oscar time. A movie about racism in America is the same.

This film is THE biggest pile of trash I've seen last year.


Crash has been Nominated for 2 Golden Globes and will be nonimated for several Oscars

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the world ready for a video-diary style presentation of a week in the life of Cubaboy?
The mindless pissbombing of former workmates, the vicious bare knuckle fights with random bums in the street, the beating of politicians with hurleys, and of course, those infamous shower masturbation scenes?
Shower scene aside, it might provide a better way to spend your time than watching crap like this?

4:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure who you are, but I can guess Dutton, and I can't understand why you want to constantly see me masturbating in the showers, is it because you are THE gayest man on the planet???

FYI I don't like you in that way (or any way for that matter) but I appreciate you posting)

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I said I wanted to see it all EXCEPT for the shower scenes, but nevermind!
So am I the only person who still posts?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, even that stalker in Norcross Georgia has stopped posting. It's funny you should mention the video thing though because I'm currently having problems capturing my home movies (no not me wanking in the shower!!!)

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if your drivers are anything like the shit that came with my webcam, I'm not suprised.
A 30 second clip comes to over 2Gb ... what the fuck???!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home