Friday, November 24, 2006

Brew Ha Ha - *Update*

Just a quick update on my current homebrew experiment. I took a hydrometer reading of the wine last night and got a reading of 1080. This is on day nine and per the recipe the fermenting should have stopped by now (a reading of 985). So as you can see, and as I predicted, the "14 Day Wine Kit" is a load of bollox. But since I knew this already and since Christmas is still a few weeks away we may be ok for operation Cubaboys-drunken-Christmas.








The recipe suggests that it should take seven days to ferment and a further seven days to clear, just to let you know how wrong that is, I normally let the wine ferment for a month and clear for three. But I reckon by taking an active part in the clearing process, ie constant decanting, we may (hopefully)have the cheeky little number ready for Yuletime!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I view this winemaking process some weekend?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You may of course.....drinking it is usually more fun than looking at it being made though.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Major General Creedon said...

Is there like a "guided tour" of the "winery"?

12:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I wouldn't be much of a host if I didn't offer a guided tour. I'll also throw in a free guided tour of the brothels and hoorhouses of malafornia!!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home