Thursday, December 01, 2005

BlogsByStephen To Receive State Funding

On a recent trip to Dublin I was accosted by several burly gentlemen in dark suits and glasses "requesting" that I get into the blacked out BMW which was curb crawling next to us. Well as you can imagine I was more than a little apprehensive about this develpoment. I needn't have worried however as I quickly found out that I had been summoned to an audience with our glorious Taoiseach, Mr Bertie Ahern. The purpose of my abduction/visit was simple he explained, government mandarins had noticed that my blog, BlogsByStephen, had gained a world wide audience and, if I was aggreable, they would "sponsor" some future blogs. In exchange all I have to do is back in writing which ever hairbrained scheme the Government come up with next, free heroin clinics, inforced public nudity for hot chicks, inforced waring of clothes for mingers....wahtever, it's A Ok with me.





I'm standing in front of what???

I was released soon after by Bertie, but not before I got this snazzy picture of me "The Small Fella". Just in case you were wondering what a rabid Shinner like myself was doing in front of THAT flag, well it was one of those unfortunate pictures that the press sometimes take of you in a compromising position.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see that steely cold and focus expression at work again, the kind of look you'd need when negotiating for an increase in third world debt or pecurement of government funds to transport hundreds of thousands of gas heaters to the polar ice caps or free abortions to all (even if they don't want it)
Ah yes, future thinking policys going forward..

4:33 PM  
Blogger Major General Creedon said...

I shook hands with him too at a wedding he gatecrashed in Mallow some years ago. Does he still have sweaty palms?

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed you did shake hands with him that day. I was telling him how pissed I was with carrying a camera all day, and he was enjoying his Guinness before the secret service had to get him out of there when he was asked about fuel prices.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Major General Creedon said...

We don't have a secret service dude (unless it's the best kept secret!) no we only rate some plain-clothes GardaĆ­ that got the short straw to look after Bertie.
Still it was funny to watch him expertly dodge the fuel issue by jumping out the window. Pity we were on the ground floor. You'll never be that close to your Tony I daresay. A good night by all.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe, but then again - why would I want to be that close to Tony? To tell hom what a twat he is? To tell him that he's the lesser of two evils, and to find a way to (painfully) eliminate Gordon Brown?

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home